Action, dogs, and Keanu Reeves

February 16, 2017

Following the amazing success of the first John Wick movie, I had high hopes for Chapter 2, however, the first action scene of chapter 2 had me extremely worried for the remainder of the movie. It was very corny and looked super choreographed. That being said, the remainder of the movie was excellent and made up for the subpar scene in the beginning. Be warned, the movie is extremely action packed. More so than the first one. I was burnt out on action movies for several days after watching this movie.

One major pro of this movie is the fact that unlike the first movie, his dog is alive this time. In the first movie, we were introduced to this huge underworld criminal organization. A lot of people wanted to learn more about this underworld and the directors itch that scratch with this movie. Chapter 2 focus much more heavily on what is essentially a modern mobster empire. The movie is really a modern mobster movie. And an amazing one at that. After the first action scene, my fears were quelled with lots of action scenes that were very well choreographed and provided lots of action.

n relief. One of my major gripes with this movie came later in the movie when we started to learn more and more about the underground organization. The movie implies a lot more people than you’d expect are involved in the organization and it almost feels cartoonish it’s so ridiculous.

In the first film, his reasoning behind getting back into the world was extremely clear and justified. However, in this movie, he didn’t voluntarily get back into the underworld. Instead, it felt very forced and unnatural. Besides this, though, the movie has received lots of praise for its very “on the ground” action scenes. There are no people dangling from helicopters, no people jumping from rooftop to rooftop, and no submarines chasing down supercars. This was another major reason I enjoyed this movie so much. It all felt very realistic, besides the overly large mob empire.

Overall, John Wick: Chapter 2 is an excellent movie. The action scenes are well choreographed and I give major props to Keanu Reeves for doing all of his own stunts. As I said, if you are looking for a more reasonable storyline like the first movie, you are going to be disappointed. However, if you’re looking for an awesome action packed movie featuring Keanu Reeves, then this is the movie for you. After watching this movie, I am extremely excited for another movie to join the John Wick franchise. If you were on the fence about seeing this movie, I’d recommend going to see it as soon as you can because once you do, you won’t want to see another action movie for a long time in fear of it not being nearly as good.