JTNN Online

Guide To Surviving Fun Day

Noah Armenia, Staff Writer

Don’t walk into fun day with no plan. Make sure you sign up for events ahead of time so you’re not sitting around wasting time.”

— Miles Almadrones

Are you worried about not having fun on Fun Day? Don’t worry, almost every room is filled with events or activities for you to enjoy with your friends. If you don’t have any friends, you can still enjoy these events. Hungry? The cafeteria is filled to the brim with foods from various Spanish-speaking countries brought in by students along with the Taste of Tampa Bay providing us with food the entire day. If not there, Mrs. Collazo will be hosting cooking classes for breakfast and lunch in room 404. Her cooking classes have a reputation for being quite delicious according to many students who have taken them in the past. Rhett Broz ’17 says, “Collect food early and store it in places because the good food is usually gone later.” I’m unsure what exactly that means, but buy your food early I guess.

Milky Doolittle ’17 says, “Bring money, don’t try to do all the events, and if you signed up for something make sure you show up to that event because it’s annoying when people are missing.” Money and planning is crucial in order to experience the full enjoyment of Fun Day. While money will allow you to purchase food, it is also is required to gain entrance into certain events. Some of these events include the bocce tournament, ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, and cinco soccer. Don’t be the one who doesn’t show up to an event you have previously signed up for. According to Milky, it is “annoying” so… don’t be annoying, unless you’re freshmen, then it isn’t your fault. Anyways if you aren’t a sports kid and prefer the physically, but not mentally, safe indoors, visit the computer lab to join in on some totally non-violent video games like Counterstrike and Call of Duty. Mr. Bryson in room 305 will be showing movies such as The Avengers Civil War for those of you who don’t know how to play video games on a computer like most people. If you enjoy light physical activity (depending on who you are) and the comfort of indoors, then maybe the Ping Pong tournament in room 209 is for you. It will be hosted by  Mr. Eggert and his G.O.O.N.S.

While Fun Day may seem stressful with all these events and sign ups, but one must remember that fun day is supposed to be fun. And a wise philosopher once said, “F is for friends that do stuff together, U is yoU and me, N is for aNywhere, anytime at all.” -Spongebob