The Masque’s Next Big Production

October 24, 2016

You’ll want to clear your schedule in the next few weeks.

The Jesuit Masque Theatre Group is showing their next great show, AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.

Agatha Christie’s famous murder mystery is playing in the MPR from November 10-12. The show will feature Jesuit actors Lucas Pasquier, Chris Kambach, Alex Pena, George Morgan, Jack Mahoney, Carter Campbell, Riley Buchanan and Carter Cabassa. Lauren Lavery, Evelyn Martinez, and Isabella Onken from Academy of the Holy Names will also contribute to the upcoming play.

Christie’s mysterious story starts with a group of people who are lured to come to an island for various reasons. This deserted island makes it impossible for them to escape. One by one they are accused of murder. One by one they die.

As the story unfolds the plot continually intensifies. There’s a level of the mystery hidden within the island which makes the entire story one giant nail-biter.

While the show is sure to wow the audience like previous Masque productions, this one is unmistakably different from past shows.

Director Richard Miller says he is excited to try something new this year.

“We do a lot of shows with ensemble casts, obviously, but we have never done a murder mystery since I’ve been at Jesuit,” says Mr. Miller. “The cast is really throwing themselves into it enthusiastically, and I think it’s going to be a real crowd pleaser.”

Jack Garthwaite is also excited to be the stage manager for the fall production.

“This is my third production with Jesuit and it’s the most intense play I’ve been a part of. It keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time.”  Garthwaite added, “it’s a fun murder mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end.”

The shows will start at 7:30 on November 10, 11, and 12 as well as a 1:00 PM showing on Saturday, November 12.

Tickets are $5 for Jesuit students and $10 for general admission.

Tickets are available for purchase in the cafeteria during lunch periods or the Multi-Purpose Room after school beginning Monday, October 31. Since last spring’s hit production of A FEW GOOD MEN sold out three of its four performances, Mr. Miller suggests that students buy their tickets early.

Don’t wait until it’s too late.