North Korea, Trump, and Nuclear War

August 24, 2017

North Korea or the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea has recently launched a missile capable of reaching major cities in America. We’ve all heard how awful this country is and how its 33-year-old leader Kim Jong Un has taken up the hobby of testing Nuclear weapons but there is a large amount of misconstrued information revolving around this subject. There are a few basic facts you need to know about the situation America has found itself in with North Korea, our first interaction between America and North Korea was in 1950 when President Truman ordered troops to aid in South Korea’s resistance to communism. North Koreans believe we started this conflict rather than the Communist regime and have a deep seeded hatred towards America seeing us as the root of their issues. Since 1950 America has imposed numerous sanctions on North Korea as a way of discouraging conflict.

The pickle: As of now North Korea plans on launching 4 missiles over Japan and into the waters surrounding the US territory of Guam. This news is what prompted President Trump’s response of, “They will be met with the fire and the fury like the world has never seen. He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said they will be met with the fire and fury and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before. Thank you.” That quote really shows the tension between the two countries and how quickly this can plunge into a full blown war. Personally, I would love to see Trump bring the heat but there are 25.37 million clueless North Korean citizens who would most likely be forced to fight and be killed if a war were to break out against America.

As the year moves on it will be interesting to see how the situation plays out and whether or not we will all be living in nuclear fallout for the remainder of our lives.