Elon Musk: The Architect of Tomorrow

November 21, 2017

On Friday, November 17th, Elon Musk finally unveiled Tesla’s Semi Truck to a live audience in Hawthorne, California. The event began with Elon Musk driving up in two of their new Semi’s before jumping out and raising his hands in triumph to a cheerful and excited crowd. The Tesla Semi’s specs are truly remarkable in the trucking industry. One of the most remarkable specs is the ability to lug 80,000 pounds at 65 mph up a 5% grade, to a range of just over 500 miles. This beast is so well equipped that Elon claims it will never break down unless it exceeds a mileage of 1,000,000. Lastly, the vehicle’s aerodynamics rivals many of the worlds high-end car makers such as Bugatti and Ferarri, a truly remarkable feat.

Furthermore, with the use of superchargers that are already implemented around the world will charge the truck in 30 minutes to provide a range of up to 400 miles. The design and development team at Tesla also changed the windshield industry by implementing thermo-nuclear explosion-proof glass. By doing this the driver is now more protected and the trucks will never be out of service due to broken windshields. Each wheel on the Semi has its own individual motor, preventing a truckers worst fear, jackknifing. Oh, and let’s not forget that each truck will be equipped with Tesla’s world-famous autopilot capabilities, allowing the truck to drive itself. All of these features are very incentivizing to anyone considering the trucking industry. There is a shortage of truck drivers and Tesla is doing something that no other company can do.

After sending the two electric Semis away, it seemed as if the event was over. But Elon gave is the famous “One more thing,” an encore surprise. Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla’s head of vehicle design, rolled out in a new prototype Tesla Roadster, making the dreams of every Tesla fanboy come true. The Roadster’s numbers bring it into hypercar territory, breaking just about every world record there is in terms of speed for a production car. Zero to sixty in 1.9 seconds means that the Roadster will beat the $2.6 million Bugatti Chiron by a full half-second. Many hypercars that have these capabilities are in the million dollar price range, Tesla, however, is in the $200,000 price range, something that only Elon Musk is capable of. This car of the future can also reach speeds that exceed 250 miles per hour, something that only a handful of cars can do. Let’s not forget that this car also has four seats and also a removable roof that can be stored in the trunk.

Unfortunately, anytime Tesla reveals a new car there is always a wait time. We should see these cars start production in early 2020. Elon Musk has given a complete smackdown to gasoline cars and no one is stopping him. He is shaping our future and is the mastermind of electric cars. He is the architect of tomorrow.