JTNN Online

• March 164/21 Gaudiosa Holiday - No School

• March 163/24 Special Olympics

• March 163/28 School Mass - Wednesday of Holy Week

Tiger Hoops Update

Thierry Moliere, Staff Writer

Led by seniors Thierry Moliere, Nick Weir, and Ryan Radke the Tigers Basketball team started the season off really strong, winning their first three games. well coached by Coach Goldman who pushes the team to perform at their best. This team can do it all they are able to play lockdown defense shoot the lights out, but most importantly they make the right plays. They play together because of the chemistry built between the team.

The Tigers started off the season with a preseason tip-off at St. Pete Catholic High where they faced first former state champion Sickles High School in their first preseason game. The Next day the Tigers faced Boca Ciega and had a great team game. The Tigers took home the victory. Thierry Moliere led the charge with 18 points and 6 assists. Going 1-1 in this tournament was a great starting point for the Tigers, to be ready for the season around the corner. After The preseason tournament, the Tigers were ready to start the regular season.

The regular season started November 27 when the Tigers traveled to Mitchel to play Sunlake. The Tigers came ready to play and got a quick start at the beginning of the game. Nick Weir led all scorers with 19 points shooting 58% percent from the field. Thierry Moliere scored 12 points, while Ryan Radke drained 2 three’s that led the Tigers to a 64-54 victory. The next day the Tigers faced Mitchel. Mitchel a very scrappy team gave the Tigers trouble in the first quarter. They shot really well in the first half, but the Tigers kept their composure and made a huge comeback. The final score was 63-51 led by Thierry Moliere who scored 14 with 6 rebounds 5 assists, and 5 steals.

After the two away games the Tigers were ready for the first home game at the Tiger palace against IMG Academy. With a strong Blue tide showing the Tigers won the game easily. Nick Weir and Thierry Moliere both had 15 points, and Max Farfante drained 2 three’s in the fourth quarter leading the Tigers to a 59-22 win over IMG Academy.

This year the Tigers are looking very strong. The Tigers are looking at back to back home games at home coming up. This Friday they play against district rivalry Robinson, and Saturday they face a very talented Brooks DeBartolo. The Tigers are able to compete at a high level with any teams and will be looking to make a deep run into the state tournament this year.