JTNN Online

• November 29Jesuit Soccer beats TC 3-1

• November 16Tigers Beat Jefferson To Advance to Football Regional Semis

Jesuit Club Italiano

Luke Miranda, Staff Writer

Out of the forty plus clubs at Jesuit High School, there is one club that is on the rise that is drawing in more and more members every week. This club is the Italian club and is attracting Jesuit students like no other club has recently. This club was started by the Capitano brothers (Deme and Lex). When asked why they wanted to start the Italian club at Jesuit Lex responded with “I wanted to create an environment where I can share my heritage with students that have the same roots that I do.”

Even though the club was just established its government is already in full force. The staff consists of multiple important roles. Below co-presidents Deme and Lex Capitano there is the Vice President position which is held by Nick Terrana. The next role is the assistant position which is Vinny LoSauro. Luke Miranda was nominated Secretary, and Kevin Sierra will hold the treasurer position. The last job is quite unique, as Billy Gibbs is the brainstormer of the club which is a vital part of the idea building aspect of the club. This club would not be possible without the moderator who is Mr. LoSauro. The treasurer of the club Kevin Sierra stated the following after being asked why he joined the club. He said that “I joined because I love where I am from and I want to help spread the Italian culture around to my Jesuit brothers.”

The club expects to participate in many events in the Tampa Bay Area. This month, one of these events is to distribute Christmas gifts to the less fortunate in the Tampa Bay Area. The club also plans on creating the mass table for the feast on Saint Joseph. Another involvement would be for the club to put on an event for mission day. The plan is for the club to collaborate and join with the bocce ball event that will be hosted by Mr. Beil. Not only will the club participate in lending a helping hand to others, there are rumors that a field trip might take place for the Italian members. Deme Capitano said the following about the topic “As a whole, we try and be different than the rest of the clubs. We are trying to be unique in many aspects. We want to separate ourselves from the forty plus clubs we have here at Jesuit and we believe a field trip is just one way we can stick out.”

Although the Italian club is in its first year, the plans for growth have no limits, especially in the future. With the club growing the way it is it’s on pace to be one of the biggest clubs that will be on Jesuit’s campus. The sky is the limit and there is no sign of the club slowing down anytime soon.